January 09 2021 – Diana L
For the iced chai:
- 4T Dancing Vanilla Bean Chai
- 4c water
- Milk of your preference
For the honey syrup:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
This recipe uses the cold brew process that takes time to allow the tea to steep. If you want to speed up the steeping process to enjoy your latte sooner, see instructions for the quick steep method below.
Steep the tea: Combine the tea and water in a quart-sized jar.
Cover and let steep at room temperature for at least 4 hours or up to 12 hours. The flavors of the tea and chai spices will strengthen the longer it is allowed to infuse.
- Make the honey syrup: Combine the honey and water in a small glass container. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to dissolve the honey. Allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to a week.
- Strain the tea: Once the tea has infused to your taste, strain the tea. Make your latte now, or cover and refrigerate for up to a week.
- Create your iced chai latte: Place a few ice cubes in a glass. Pour 1 to 3 teaspoons of honey syrup over the ice cubes. Follow with a cup of chai tea poured over the ice to fill your glass. Be sure to leave room to top with as much milk as you prefer.
- Stir to combine and taste: Add more honey syrup or milk, if desired.
QUICK STEEP METHOD
If you want to speed up the steeping process to enjoy your latte sooner, bring 2 cups of water to 212° (just below boil), remove from heat, and add the tea. Steep for 10 to 20 minutes. Strain out the tea and add the remaining 2 cups of water. Cool to room temperature, then transfer to the fridge to cool completely.