June 09 2021 – Diana L
If you're like the rest of us tea lovers, you're always looking for new ways to incorporate tea into your diet.
This recipe creates a banana bread that is moist, while staying light and fluffy – delicious (and healthier) without feeling the need to smear butter on top. The subtle flavor of the Earl Grey Creme adds a unique layer of flavor. And the toffee-like crunch of the brown sugar crust on top finishes it off with a slight caramel flavor.
The perfect treat to enjoy with your favorite mug of tea.
- 1/2 c water
- 5 tsp of Earl Grey Creme tea
- 1/4 c Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 1/2 c Butter
- 1 c fat free Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 3 very ripe Bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons Turbinado Sugar (Sugar in the Raw)
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Steep the Earl Grey Creme tea at 212° for 5 minutes. Pour into a pan with the sugars and butter and cook on stove until the butter and sugars have melted into a thick syrup, about 2 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine the sour cream and baking soda in a large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the cooled tea syrup and the eggs. Sift in the flour and fold gently to combine. Fold in the mashed bananas.
- Pour the batter into two greased loaf pans. Sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Thank you @healthy-delicious for this amazing recipe!