December 19 2021 – Diana L
This quick and easy Candy Cane Matcha Latte recipe is just perfect to celebrate the holidays. A creamy, minty, holiday nog with a healthy boost of antioxidants from the matcha!
- 2 cups milk (Use your preferred dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tsp Organic Matcha
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder
- 3-4 mini candy canes, crushed into bits
- Swirl of coconut, soy, rice, or dairy whip on top
- Sweeten to taste – but I think the candy cane crush adds enough sweetness
- Warm the milk until simmering, just shy of boiling.
- Add the matcha, peppermint, cardamom, and a few pinches of the candy cane to the warmed milk.
- Using a milk frother, whip until creamy and frothy.
- Pour the frothed matcha into two mugs and top with a swirl of non-dairy whip and a generous sprinkle of crushed candy canes. Serve warm!
Yield: 2 mugs
Prep Time: 05 mins.