March 22 2020 – Diana L
The season of new beginnings. Delicate buds begin to open to reveal their inner beauty and the earth comes to life again. Sunlight shines down on us so that we can start to unravel ourselves from scarves, gloves, and winter coats.
I like to think of Spring as a personal renewal time as well. Something about having the windows open again, taking walks with the pup, and feeling like I am emerging from my winter den. My tea selections also start to shift. With so many loose tea blends to explore with delicious flavor profiles, beautiful fragrances, and amazing health benefits, loose tea is a perfect choice for your own renewal.
Maybe you're new to loose leaf tea, or if you’re a tea lover like me, maybe you're just looking to find the best loose leaf tea for you. Well you’re in the right place. Read on for our recommendations for spring teas.
Talk about an amazing cup full of health benefits. Beyond the hydration benefits, drinking green tea may improve dental health, your mood, bone mineral density, along with the health and performance of your brain. Green tea has also been shown to encourage weight loss, maintain the cardiovascular system, and improve the condition of your skin. Some studies suggest that green tea can even lower the risk of some cancers, infections, and type2 diabetes.
Check out these delicious flavors of green tea!
- Apricot Tea
- Ginseng and Ginger Green Tea
- Mango Verde Green Tea
- Gunpowder Green Tea (A special gunpowder tea blend)
- Moroccan Twist Green Tea
- Toasty Dragonwell Green Tea
White tea contains some compounds that, according to some studies, may help fight cancer and help protect your teeth from bacteria, help control diabetes, improve heart disease, aid in weight loss, and relieve colds.
A few recommendations:
Looking for healthier hair, a stronger immune system, and better skin? Then Oolong may just be your cup of tea. Studies suggest that drinking Oolong tea may also prevent osteoporosis and tooth decay. Oolong tea is also known to stabilize blood sugar and reduce cholesterol.
Oolong teas to try:
The antioxidants in herbal teas are known to have anti-aging properties. Herbal tea is the perfect type of tea to fight colds, boost the immune system, improve digestion, reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure, and relieve anxiety and stress. Just like Oolong also promotes healthier skin.
Relax and try one of these herbal teas:
- Ginger Turmeric Tea (Have you read about the benefits of Turmeric? If not, here are some interesting facts!)
- Wild Elderberry Herbal Tea
- Blood Orange Blitz Herbal Tea
- Toasted Maté Spice Herbal Tea
- Egyptian Goddess Herbal Tea
- Samurai Spirit Mate Herbal Tea (Check out all the 5-star reviews this one is getting! Tip: Also delicious blended with White Ayurvedic Chai!)
- Passion Tango Tea
- Peppermint Herbal Tea
- Wild Elderberry
According to studies, drinking chai tea may help lower blood sugar, encourage weight loss, reduce pain and inflammation, detoxification, reduce tumor growth, preventing heart diseases, and eliminate constipation. Moderate consumption of chai tea may also offer digestive support, ease menstrual cramps, and reduce the risk of various cancers.
Lots of choices here - which one will you try next?
- Apple Chai Spice Tea
- Green Chai Tea
- White Ayurvedic Chai Tea (The reviews don't lie! This one is a customer fave!)
- Dancing Vanilla Bean Tea
- Masala Spiced Chai Tea
- White Chai Spice Tea
- Pumpkin Spice Chai
It almost sounds too good to be true! Studies suggest that drinking black tea may:
- Prevent cardiovascular disease and strokes
- Reduce the risk of diabetes and cancer
- Improve oral health, digestion, and increase alertness
If you experience puffy eyes, asthma, stress, and diarrhea, you might want to give black tea a try! With more caffeine than other teas, it is recommended not to drink more than 2 cups of black tea a day.
A few delicious flavors of black tea to try:
- Cinn-fully Spiced Black Tea (another fave of mine - hint hint cinnamon lovers!)
- Earl Grey Creme Black Tea
- Ginger and Peaches Black Tea
- Mango Madness Black Tea
- Black Raspberry Tea (this one is delicious as an iced tea too!)
- Golden Monkey Black Tea
- Hibiscus Black Ceylon Tea
- English Breakfast Tea
Rooibos tea is known to contain anti-aging and anti-allergic properties and prevent diabetes and cancer. Naturally caffeine free, it may provide healthier, stronger bones, and better skin. According to studies, drinking rooibos tea can also help in fighting dandruff, lowering blood pressure, and promoting healthy digestion.
You can just taste the names of these Rooibos teas:
Matcha tea...Green tea powder...Have you heard about this wonder? Matcha is so amazing because the entire leaves are dissolved in water so you ingest all their antioxidant powers with antioxidant numbers off the charts — 6.2x more than goji berries, 7x that of dark chocolate, 17x that of wild blueberries, and 60.5x that of spinach! Sorry, Popeye!
But take a look at what these amazing antioxidants may be able to help you with:
- Reducing the risk of heart diseases and type2 diabetes
- Helping in detoxification and cleansing of the body
- Reinforcing the immune system
- Helping your concentration
- Reducing stress
- Fighting various kinds of cancers.
Barista, Ceremonial or Flavored?
- Organic Barista Matcha
- Ceremonial Tranquility Matcha
- Don’t Be Blueberry Matcha Tea
- Vanilla Delight Match Tea
- Sweet Green Matcha Tea
Last but not least, comes the wellness tea. It is completely different from regular tea. Wellness teas are manufactured with adaptogens and other herbs that provide wonderful benefits. Wellness teas may help improve your focus, boost energy, promote healthy digestion, and increase calmness.
Explore our wellness teas:
- Egyptian Goddess Wellness Tea
- Find Your Slender Slim Tea
- Peppermint Wellness Tea
- Senna Leaf Tea
- Hibiscus Ceylon Black Tea
Remember: all hot water is not the same. Be sure to check each package for recommended water temperatures for steeping.
Now that you know everything you needed to know about loose leaf tea, what are you waiting for? Choose a healthier lifestyle this spring with a steaming cup of tea!