July 13 2022 – Diana L
This peach barbeque sauce is a must try summer recipe! With the concentrated peach tea flavor, you can spread this delicious sauce on anything from ribs to chicken at your next summer cookout.
We recommend using 2 ounces of tea in 1.5 cups of water to create the intense peach flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 ounces of Peach Oolong Tea
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Oolong tea steeps best at 195°. Steep the tea in 1 1/2 cups of water to create peach tea that is intense and concentrated.
- Heat water to 195° in your kettle or a small saucepan.
- Pour over tea leaves in your infuser and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Drain water from tea into small saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar while the water is still hot so the sugar dissolves easily.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Heat over low to medium heat, and stir frequently until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and baste your meat - or allow to cool and store in refrigerator.